Saturday, June 23, 2007

Question #16

In your opinion, what was the best invention of your lifetime? Automobile? Washing machine? Air conditioning? Indoor plumbing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best invention is the bicycle. As a kid I could travel long distances with only lunch or breakfast to power it. Now I can climb the mountains or cruise the roads generating deep thoughts. Yesterday's ride provided sights of thousands of wild flowers; Hundreds of butterflies; a rabbit and a snake; not to mention the trees or all the other animals I didn't see since I was watching the trail.
Of course maybe the mountain bike could be thought of as a horrible invention, for yesterday as I got lost in thoughts or scenery, I allowed myself to not look far enough ahead and watched my front tire drop into a rut, tossing me over the handle bars. Maybe the helmut is the best invention?

Anonymous said...

The computer of course because it allows me pose the questions and waste endless hours blog surfing (not to mention spell check).

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the best invention in anyone’s lifetime has to be a toss up between the washing machine and the dishwasher. I don’t know how my mother did it! There were times when she used a wash board and homemade lie soap! There was a time when I washed my twin’s diapers in a wringer washer, and used the bathtub for the rinse. Yeah. Gotta be the washing machine! Sonja